After due notice to the press, Mayor and Town Council met in the Council Chambers of Town Hall. Mayor and all Council were present.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Mayor Crenshaw led everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- COUNCIL UPDATES
Mayor Crenshaw stated he will be meeting with Clemson Area Transit Bus System tomorrow to discuss the future of C.A.T.S in Pendleton. Mayor Crenshaw thanked Sandra Gantt for organizing Jazz in the Park that was held this past Sunday on the Village Green.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 6, 2015, Regular Session Meeting
Scott Ward made a motion to accept the above minutes as presented. Denise Jackson seconded. Unanimous.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS – Comments only – no questions will be taken at this time – questions will be taken at the end of the meeting. 3 minute limit. No action will be taken on these items.
- LEADERSHIP PENDLETON 2015 CLASS PROJECT – REAH SMITH & LP15 CLASS REPRESENTATIVE
Steve Miller stated this year’s class decided to update approximately 10 of the circa markers that are currently on a few of the historic buildings in town. The circa markers will be updated to include a QR code that will link to an embedded PDF telling the history of the site, including pictures.
- WOMAN’S LUNG HEALTH WEEK
- FAIR HOUSING ACT
Mayor Crenshaw read both Proclamations. Sandra Gantt made a motion to accept the Proclamations. Denise Jackson seconded Unanimous.
- ANDERSON COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE REPORT
Capt. Roland was present to give the ACSO report for the month of April.
- ADMINISTRATORS UPDATE & BUDGET REPORT
Steve Miller, Administrator, updated Mayor, Council and citizens for the month of April.
- RECOMMENDATION FROM THE PENDLETON PLANNING COMMISSION REGARDING AMENDING ORDINANCE 10-05 TO APPROVE A 4 YEAR EXTENSION ON THE USE OF THE PUBLIC PARKING LOT ON S. MECHANIC STREET (TMS# 041-00-02-040)
Bruce Kalley made a motion to table this request until after the meeting the Mayor has scheduled with C.A.T.S. Motion died due to lack of a second.
Scott Ward made a motion to accept the recommendation from the Planning Commission regarding the use of the parking lot on S. Mechanic Street. Sandra Gantt seconded. Final vote was 4 to accept the recommendation and 1 opposing. (Bruce Kalley). Motion passed.
- REQUEST TOWN SUPPORT FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- MEMORIAL DAY EVENT– AMERICAN LEGION, WANDA BATTEN
Bruce Kalley made a motion to support the Veterans Memorial Day event to be held at Veterans Park on May 25, 2015. Scott Ward seconded. Unanimous.
- NEW YEARLY EVENT FOR A LATE SUMMER OUTDOOR FESTIVAL ON THE SQUARE – PROPOSED DATE FOR 2015 – SEPTEMBER 19, 2015, – LOU KOPPEL, PABA MEMBER
Sandra Gantt made a motion to approve this event for this year and revisit each year at the request of the event organizer. Scott Ward seconded. Unanimous.
- WALK AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE – S.M.O.O.T.H (Speaking Mentally, Outwardly Opening Opportunities Toward Healing)
Mayor Crenshaw made a motion to support this event. Sandra Gantt seconded. Unanimous.
- ACTION ITEMS:
- REQUEST FOR REALLOCATION OF FUNDING – PENDLETON DISTRICT COMMISSION
Scott Ward made a motion to reallocate the $11,500 for the PDC and obtain a timeline for the project from the Commission. Bruce Kalley seconded. Unanimous.
- FIRST READING OF THE FOLLOWING:
- “AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND ORDINANCE 10-05 PERTAINING TO A PORTION OF A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT CALLED “THE FALLS AT MEEHAN,” ALLOWING FOR THE USE OF THE EXISTING PUBLIC PARKING FOR A PERIOD OF NO MORE THAN 4 YEARS BEGINNING JUNE OF 2015, ON THE PROPERTY LOCATED ON SOUTH MECHANIC STREET (TMS# 041-00-02-040)”
Scott Ward made a motion to pass Ordinance No. 15-02 for first reading. Sandra Gantt seconded. Unanimous.
- “AN ORDINANCE TO PROVIDE FOR THE ADOPTION OF A FOUR SINGLE MEMBER WITH RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS WARD REAPPORTIONMENT PLAN PROVIDING FOR A COUNCIL MEMBER TO BE ELECTED FROM EACH WARD AND THE METHOD OF ELECTION FOR THE TOWN OF PENDLETON”
Bruce Kalley made a motion to accept Ordinance No. 15-01 for first reading. Sandra Gantt seconded. Unanimous.
- A RESOLUTION TO ESTABLISH THE YEARLY FEE FROM TCTC FOUNDATION, LLC
Scott Ward made a motion to accept the above resolution. Denise Jackson seconded. Unanimous.
- SCHEDULING OF CALLED MEETING FOR SECOND AND FINAL READING OF BUDGET FY 15/16 – PROPOSED DATE: JUNE 15, 2015, 5:30 PM
All were in agreement to schedule the Called Meeting for 5:30 pm June 15, 2015.
Due to an administrative error, Public Comments and Questions were omitted from the Agenda. Scott Ward made a motion to add Public Comments & Questions to the Agenda. Bruce Kalley seconded. Unanimous.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS & QUESTIONS:
Ben Morton asked for a reminder about the parking lot on South Mechanic Street. Mayor Crenshaw provided an update.
Lou Robinson stated with the autumn car show/festival being approved tonight, she thinks it is a little to close to the Fall Festival.
Mayor Crenshaw introduced and welcomed the new Town Planner, Tony Cirelli.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION – CONTRACTUAL MATTER
Denise Jackson made a motion to enter into Executive Session. Bruce Kelley seconded. Unanimous.
Bruce Kalley made a motion to go out of Executive Session and back into the Regular Session meeting. Denise Jackson seconded. Unanimous.
No decisions were made while in Executive Session.
- MOTION(S)/VOTE(S) FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION IF NEEDED
There being no further business to discuss, at 8:33 pm, Bruce Kalley made a motion to adjourn. Denise Jackson seconded. Unanimous.