After due notice to the press, Mayor and Town Council met in the Council Chambers of Town Hall. Mayor and all Council were present.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
Mayor Crenshaw led everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- PUBLIC HEARING – BUDGET FY 2015/2016:
There were no Public Comments and Mayor Crenshaw closed the budget Public Hearing.
- COUNCIL UPDATES:
Mayor Crenshaw stated Fox News would be broadcasting from the Town Square in the morning beginning at 5 AM to promote the Town’s Birthday Party that will be held this coming Saturday. Mayor Crenshaw reminded everyone of the reminders at the bottom of the agenda.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 23, & 28, 2015, Called Meetings & May 4, 2015, Regular Session Meeting:
Sandra Gantt made a motion to accept the minutes. Denise Jackson seconded. Unanimous.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS – Comments only – no questions will be taken at this time – questions will be taken at the end of the meeting. 3 minute limit. No action will be taken on these items.
Mayor Crenshaw read public comments from Bill Kester in support of the rates increases in the proposed FY 15/16 budget.
- ANDERSON COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE REPORT.
Capt. Roland was present to give the report for the month of May. Sandra Gantt asked about the incident on May 15 that is listed as defrauding an Inn Keeper. Capt. Roland stated he would have to look into this.
- ADMINISTRATORS UPDATE & BUDGET REPORT.
Steve Miller, Administrator, updated Mayor, Council and citizens for the month of May.
- DISCUSSION OF PARTICIPATING IN THE PATRIOTIC PARADE – JULY 4, 2015
All will participate on their own if they are in town.
- REQUEST TOWN SUPPORT FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- COMMUNITY SAFETY DAY & BACK TO SCHOOL BLOCK PARTY – PENDLETON ELKS LODGE 2861
Scott Ward made a motion to grant the request to support the Community Safety Day and Back to School Block Party. Denise Jackson seconded. Unanimous.
- ACTION ITEMS:
- FIRST READING OF THE FOLLOWING:
- “AN ORDINANCE TO LEVY TAXES, AFFIRM/AMEND VARIOUS SCHEDULE OF FEES AND CHARGES AND ESTABLISH A MUNICIPAL BUDGET FOR THE FISCAL YEAR BEGINNING JULY 1, 2015, AND ENDING JUNE 30, 2016, AND A CIP REPAIR & REPLACEMENT PLAN FOR THE PENDLETON/CLEMSON WASTEWATER TREATMENT FACILITY FOR FISCAL YEARS 2016-2020”
- FIRST READING OF THE FOLLOWING:
Bruce Kalley made a motion to accept Ordinance 15-04 for first reading. Sandra Gantt seconded. Unanimous.
- “AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE TOWN OF PENDLETON’S BUDGET FISCAL YEAR 2014/2015”
Denise Jackson made a motion to accept Ordinance 15-03 for first reading. Scott Ward seconded. Unanimous.
SECOND AND FINAL READING OF THE FOLLOWING:
- “AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND ORDINANCE 10-05 PERTAINING TO A PORTION OF A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT CALLED “THE FALLS AT MEEHAN,” ALLOWING FOR THE USE OF THE EXISTING PUBLIC PARKING FOR A PERIOD OF NO MORE THAN 4 YEARS BEGINNING JUNE OF 2015, ON THE PROPERTY LOCATED ON SOUTH MECHANIC STREET (TMS# 041-00-02-040)”
Sandra Gantt made a motion to accept Ordinance 15-02 for second and final reading. Denise Jackson seconded. Unanimous.
- “AN ORDINANCE TO PROVIDE FOR THE ADOPTION OF A FOUR SINGLE MEMBER WITH RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS WARD REAPPORTIONMENT PLAN PROVIDING FOR A COUNCIL MEMBER TO BE ELECTED FROM EACH WARD AND THE METHOD OF ELECTION FOR THE TOWN OF PENDLETON”
Bruce Kalley made a motion to accept Ordinance 15-01 for second and final reading. Sandra Gantt seconded. Unanimous.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS & QUESTIONS.
Ben Morton asked if the Planning Commission was going to begin back meeting at their regular time. Tony Cirelli, Town Planner, stated as long as there was business they would meet.
There being no further business to discuss, at 7:36 PM Scott Ward made a motion to adjourn. Denise Jackson seconded. Unanimous.