After due notice to the press, Mayor and Town Council met in the Council Chambers of Town Hall. Mayor and all Council were present.
- RECOMMENDATION FROM THE PENDLETON PLANNING COMMISSION REGARDING AN AMENDMENT TO THE FALLS AT MEEHAN PLANNED DEVELOPMENT:
Scott ward asked what their next steps would be. Would they go back before the Planning Commission or just the Town Planner? Steve Miller, Town Administrator, stated they would go back before both. The developers will work with the Town Planner and then meet with the Planning Commission.
Sandra Gantt made a motion to accept the above recommendation. Bruce Kalley seconded. Unanimous.
- FIRST READING OF THE FOLLOWING:
- “AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT CALLED “THE FALLS AT MEEHAN”, ZONED (PD-MU) ALLOWING FOR THE USE OF SINGLE FAMILY, MULTIFAMILY AND COMMERCIAL ON THE PROPERTY LOCATED ON SOUTH MECHANIC STREET AND WESTINGHOUSE ROAD KNOWN AS TRACTS (TMS# 041-00-02-018, 041-00-02-030 & 041-00-02-040).”
Scott Ward made a motion to accept Ordinance 15-05 for first reading. Denise Jackson seconded. Unanimous.
- SECOND AND FINAL READING OF THE FOLLOWING:
Mayor Crenshaw stated it appears the Clemson Area Transit Bus System (C.A.T.S) may be able to be saved for an additional year. Villages at Town Creek, City of Seneca and Oconee County will allocate funds and Pendleton will have to increase its share approximately $6,000 in order to cover the funding deficit.
The Recycling truck recently broke down. Staff will spend approximately $8,000 to make necessary repairs to get through the fiscal year on the truck. If additional funds are needed, staff will revisit to determine if it is cost effective to continue repairing.
Bruce Kalley made a motion to accept Ordinance No. 15-04 for second and final reading. Sandra Gantt seconded. Unanimous.
- “AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND THE TOWN OF PENDLETON’S BUDGET FISCAL YEAR 2014/2015”
Bruce Kalley made a motion to accept Ordinance No. 15-03 for second and final reading. Scott Ward seconded. Unanimous.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION – CONTRACTUAL MATTER:
Denise Jackson made a motion to enter into Executive Session to discuss a Contractual Matter. Scott Ward seconded. Unanimous.
Bruce Kalley made a motion to go out of Executive Session and back into the Called Meeting. Sandra Gantt seconded. Unanimous.
No decisions were made while in Executive Session.
- MOTION(S)/VOTE(S) FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION IF NEEDED:
There being no further business at 6:02 pm Denise Jackson made a motion to adjourn. Bruce Kalley seconded. Unanimous.