Town of Pendleton
Chief Operator of Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Town of Pendleton is currently hiring for the position of Chief Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
The employee must be able to perform difficult technical work planning and supervising the operations of a wastewater treatment plant.
The employee will be responsible for:
- Coordinating, supervising, maintaining, repairing and/or rehabilitating the municipal wastewater treatment plant.
- Ensuring plant compliance with strict water quality standards as established by the State Department of Health and Environmental Control, Town policies and procedures and all other applicable laws, regulations and standards of quality and safety.
- Supervising subordinate staff. Supervisory duties include instructing: assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; assisting with the selection of new employees; acting on employee problems; recommending and implementing employee discipline.
- Coordinating and scheduling training for operators on new and existing plant operations and safety procedures.
- Coordinating all lab activities and requirements for the plant.
This position will report to the Town Administrator.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Requires high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by formal training, special courses or self-education that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of one year of college education or specialized advanced training in construction, utility maintenance or a closely related field.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES: Must possess a Class “A” Biological Wastewater Operator certification.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires over four years of related utility work which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
SALARY: Dependent Upon Qualifications and Experience
Resumes and applications will be accepted until noon, February 28, 2019. Applications are available at www.townofpendleton.org. Resumes and applications must be submitted to the attention of the Human Resource Department, 310 Greenville Street, Pendleton, SC 29670, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. The Town of Pendleton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.